View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Comics: what are you currently reading?

We have a thread for books, movies, TV and music, but I couldn't find one for comics and I know I'm not the only comic book lover on here. So here's a thread to discuss whatever you're reading right now, whether it be single issues, monthly titles, TPB and hardcover collections or graphic novels. Whatcha readin'?

The monthly title that is currently rocking my socks off is Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. It's crazy, weird, gory, explicit, funny, sweet and heartwarming, sometimes all at the same time. This book cements Brian K. Vaughan as one of my favorite comic writers and it's made even better by Fiona Staples' gorgeous art. Though I have to say that it is not for those that are easily offended. They're not kidding on the Mature rating.

I also just read the first couple collections of Sweet Tooth. It's a weird little post-apocalyptic drama by Jeff Lemire, another of my favorite modern comic book writers. It caught my attention more than the first 12 issues of The Walking Dead did, though I'm going continue reading both.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"