View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2021, 11:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

The NYC Neighborhood Walking Tour Videos and C3V/SOV Card Connection

(Say what?)

I've just discovered these youtube walking tour videos; there are dozens of them on different NYC neighborhoods. Another good videographer is Action Kid, who did the camera work on the first two I posted here. Where Tom's vids run about half an hour, AKs go for an hour. These are all on youtube, so just type in NYC Walking Tours and you'll see them. There are other people posting them as well, like the guy doing the City Island video.

NYC has so many areas of interest that I've already video toured a number of places I've never actually visited, as a native New Yorker! And its also fun to see ones where I know the area, to compare what they focus on with my own favorite places! If you're not from The Big Apple, you might enjoy checking them out too, and find out places you may want to see when you come visit, now that the "Postdemic" Reopening has begun (Thank God).

There are also places covered that are not in NYC. (To people who accuse me of thinking NYC is the Center of the Universe, I just laugh and say: "Of course not--the Center of the Universe is Brooklyn!") My borough was its own independent city until 1898, and populous enough to be the fourth largest city in the USA today, if it was still its own municipality!

I've always loved traveling, and have been to 20 or so foreign nations and about half of our own States here in the USA. Now that I've more or less stopped travelling after hitting my last bucket list foreign (Japan) and domestic (Vicksburg, MS) destinations in the last few years (I'm 69 now, and don't get around like I used to), I love video travelling and have a bunch of travel CD series people like Rick Steves and Rudy Maxa. But I'll be checking out some on youtube now too!

I started watching the videos during hours long sessions of Scissors Mania, when I cut out the entire catalogue of C3V/SOV cards that Ishmel brought over to our NYCG4 Reunion Game Day. Perhaps a third came one per sheet, but the others were three per sheet, and that took a lot of patient cutting! Now having finished, I purchased 200 card sleeves that are similar to the old ones from a poster here on the site (see my thread here in General Discussion on Card Sleeves).

So starting next month, my previous B&W Collection of C3V/SOV cards will be in glorious color, and pre-sleeved, where before this I was sliding them into the limited number of "extra" sleeves I used for each new game. And I'll keep the old extra ones for that rare game when players use the same card(s) in their armies for the same game!

Of course I bought more than I need right now, so I'll be able to cover future production of Custom cards. Then I'll use the "extras" for Superhero games. Back when I retired some 14 years ago, I did The Great Superhero/Villain Card Hunt in January when it was too cold to go out much. Then I printed out hundreds of Supers cards from C3G but also from many, many independent designers (you can see my own thread here too), which you can find in the Marvelscape and Custom sections. And of course Sherman Davies of our own gang has made dozens and dozens of his own. Now after years many of these have become unavailable due to graphic site obsolescence and etc., but my hard copy archive is pretty large!

Now I have collected so many Supers, including multiple versions of the same character, that I'd never get enough sleeves for them all. So I can just sleeve them up for each game ahead of time, as I've also been doing with the C3V/SOVs.

Last edited by chas; May 4th, 2021 at 10:20 AM.