View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Chucky (Charles Lee Ray) (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The current write-up is 150+ points, I'd say. Ragdoll with more durability and auto-wounds.
I suppose if Ragdoll is worth his 100 points, then this guy is probably worth a similar amount. Ragdoll has 6 base defense, though, and 6 base move, allowing him to be positioned better and to have staying power without defensive powers. If he manages to latch onto someone, he'll get .5 auto wounds at the end of every round. I imagine if he latches on he'll be a priority to kill, though, which will probably take about 5 attacks. So maybe an average of 2 auto wounds per game?

Ragdoll also has 1 better attack, though I know that's not that relevant as you get these guys for Order Marker efficiency. I think with a much slower base move, though, Chucky has a longer set up time and higher pay off than Ragdoll.
Ragdoll's worth the points. The CRB consider him one of the best figures in the game (A rank), and I'm inclined to agree. The Move and Attack numbers aren't a big deal - Ragdoll gets into position by clinging to friendlies, and likely never takes turns unless things start going sideways for you.

SP version of Chucky does have a weakness to adjacent special attacks, but otherwise Laugh It Off makes him a lot harder to kill than Ragdoll and Unassuming Threat makes him immune to a lot of special powers. His auto-wound power isn't crazy-good or anything, but the fact that it's there at all and gives him another thing to do for free without OMs is nice.

I think the updates Arkham outlined are a good way to rein him in a little, though.