View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:21 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Head Quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
The Chief Instructor role is not to lead the development of the card, but to facilitate it. If the community is at a dead end (for instance, two different points of view arise), he is to find a way to solve it. The simplest way is to set up a vote, but it is up to the Chief Instructor to choose how he does that. In last resort, the Chief Instructor can make an arbitrary decision to help the custom advance further. Such a decision is to be clearly stated and followed by the community, but it would be best to never have to use this. For instance, I sometime demanded on the french forum that all member put their idea on a given point in a given format to make a summary of all the ideas and focus the discussion.
How many people in the french forum were typically involved? My growing concern is that there are more on this site than there, and we lack focus on the design.

I believe that the 'Chief Instructor' really be more than just a facilitator here. I would propose that a week or two is spent brainstorming idea and concepts from the whole community, and then the Chief Instructor select a team of 2-4 people to take everything into consideration and come to a decision regarding direction and the concept of the card. The entire time being transparent with the community and taking in new ideas and suggestions, but ultimately having the final say on design direction.

Otherwise I fear we are spinning our wheels and coming up with suboptimal customs.