View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2020, 05:30 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ultra View Post
That's a good point. We do have a Unique Squad in the works and this is a concern, although we do not intend to create any Common Squads in the Yokai faction, or at least, no Common Yokai Squads. For fixing the glaring unwanted synergy of moving A, swapping A and B, then moving B, I'm thinking about how we can word something that distinguishes between Army Cards. For example,

"Before moving normally with any Yokai figure you control, you may first switch it with a Yokai you control with a different name. Figures moved by Shapeshift never take any leaving engagement attacks."
Argh, I had missed that my proposed version still allows for squad figures to catapult themselves forward if the initial figures give up their Shapeshifting. That won't do, then.

I know that you're working on an Uncommon Yokai Hero (which you should really get around to posting sometime ). Limiting Shapeshift to cards with different names unfortunately stops any Uncommon Heroes from being able to switch with each other.

Upon further reflection (and considering that all of the furthest progressed drafts right now are heroes anyway), I think that the cleanest solution is to just limit Shapeshift to Yokai Heroes swapping with any Yokai figure. That still gives squads inherent value to be switched with; if a future squad design needs to be able to Shapeshift on their own, then they can include their own ability to do so.