View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2015, 04:25 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Gut Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Initial thought. It feels like a lot of work for little gain.
A lot of work, perhaps, but I disagree on the little gain part. You're looking at a synergy with several possibilities when forming an army. It's also giving a lot of love to designs that you've played with many times over. Whatever Doctor Fate brings to the table for his Glyph power, may make his character that much more fun to use. Flash that can carry a small or medium figure when moving, as long as he doesn't attack? Zatanna throwing down a useful tile of her choosing? Aquaman being able to heal one additional time per round? Wonder Woman's lassoed figure having to tell the truth(expose all the Order Markers while lassoed)? These sound like a lot to gain for each character involved, and for the synergy as a whole.

It's expanding what a normal synergy offers, which is 3-4 characters aiding in actual synergy, to potentially 10+ to choose from to aid in that actual synergy. It's also playing off a mechanic already used in a similar fashion, just in a new way. Batman prepares for his game by choosing appropriate glyphs that best suit his strengths in that particular game. Apocalypse does the same, with the choice of any 2 glyphs. Why not allow your team/synergy to do so, picking ones that can only be used by drafting specific people?

Guys, we're looking at a potential new Spell mechanic being added to the game, that will completely open up a giant new set of options to the game. This is absolutely minor in comparison. This is taking something we already have, but building a synergy on it.

Not only that, but say you're a huge fan of Blue Beatle, and you want him in on it. Well, propose a design for a Blue Beatle glyph, and run it through Public Design. As long as the power is balanced with the rest, I see no reason someone can't expand on it. Once the groundwork is laid, and that balance line is determined, it's all set for the future. We're all here to collaborate and find things that excite us all. There will be something for everyone to enjoy, really.

With the design itself, we can come up with 5 for initial release, and let people mix and match, and just see how fun it is. It'll feel no more threatening than Batman does with his 3 Utility Glyphs, which I bet caused just as much uncertainty at first before people saw it realized, the fact that Batman's gameplay can be customized by you, as it should. There's a charm to it, IMO.

I know, I know, I'm babbling on like a middle school girl at a slumber party, but it's only because I see the potential here. Clearly Bats does, because I haven't seen him this riled up in ages.