View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2019, 08:55 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Velnesh Alphas (Leyline Phantoms) - Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Personally I would prefer for SHIFT to only be usable before moving, instead of before or after. However, I also think that the powers work together and interact mechanically quite well. Specifically, using SHIFT before movement will allow the Velnesh experiments to disengage from enemies that they have previously blinked to. Because of how Blink works, they'll often find themselves engaged with enemy figures that they might not necessarily want to attack, and in this way SHIFT complements BLINK quite well.
I agree with this, the powers compliment each other. Shift being only before (or after) moving was my preferred version, but got changed. Going back to that would simplify the timing somewhat. "They teleport when shot at, they teleport before moving". "They teleport a lot" doesn't bother me since that's the theme behind the unit. There was also mention of this version of Blink:

BLINK
When a Velnesh Alpha is targeted for a normal attack by an opponent's non-adjacent* figure, you may immediately move that Velnesh Alpha with Shift.

In some cases you'll be able to dodge completely behind something or out of range and avoid the shot altogether, and in others you won't have anywhere useful to go. But more importantly it helps ties the two powers together.

At any rate, I think the two power card here is better than either one by itself. Blink alone is just bad Thorian Speed. Shift alone is a little more interesting, but we're also terrain-limited in this set which hinders it somewhat.

*Required to make this version not abusive vs melee, and could probably be in the current version as well to again simplify the amount of teleports.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13