View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
House of Cards - Free Army Card Exchange

Based on some recent discussion in the trade thread, I'm starting a little experiment here...

The Premise:
  • Many 'scapers have extra army cards they don't need.
  • Those same 'scapers are missing some army cards, too.
  • It's hard to find exact matches between two people, where each has the specific cards the other needs.
  • 'Scapers are honorable and like to pay it forward.
  • Free is good.
The Plan:
(open to suggestions and revision!)
1. Each participant creates a post listing spare army cards that they are willing to give away for free, as well as other army cards that they would like to receive.

2. To accept one or more free cards, simply...
a. Create your post as in #1 above.

b. Send a PM to another participant, requesting one or more cards they have offered and providing your shipping address.

c. Ideally, also look at the "wanted" portion of others' posts, and proactively offer to send other participants your matching cards.
3. All parties update their respective posts, noting how many cards they have successfully given away and received. (Optionally, list the specific transfers.)
Card Mailing tips:
To keep it simple, I suggest that the standard practice be to include free same-country shipping. (If you request free cards from someone in another country, you should offer to cover the shipping costs as part of your PM.)

Below, I've listed two common methods of mailing army cards. I'd recommend the first in most cases to keep costs down, though recipients of especially rare/valuable cards may want to request (and offer to pay for) an upgrade to the more expensive method.
  • Mostly secure (cheap): Place the card(s) in a 6x9 manilla envelope with a card sleeve, folded sheet of paper, card stock, or cereal box material. If the envelope still flexes and is light enough, it qualifies for the normal "letter" rate of around 50 cents. It's not foolproof, but it would take a lot of abuse to actually damage the cards inside.
  • Completely secure (more expensive): Sandwich the card(s) in standard cardboard before placing them in an envelope. The envelope can't bend at all, but due to rigidity and thickness, it's billed at the "package" rate of around $2.
Other Suggestions:
  • Ideally, folks would seek to keep their trades generous. In other words, don't offer a single Grok Rider card, while asking folks to send you all their Sacred Band, Armocs, etc. At the same time, please do offer up that spare Armoc card, so long as you are indeed willing to give it away.
  • Unless otherwise noted in your post, cards offered should be original (not self-printed) and in decent condition. (They need not be mint, but they shouldn't be shredded, either.)
  • While the main purpose of this thread isn't to find direct trades, those are fine too if you happen to want each other's cards.
I don't know quite what will happen or if this will even work, but it's worth a shot. If it does succeed, we could do something similar for orphaned squad figures. In any case, here goes...

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; March 6th, 2012 at 07:01 PM.