View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
And it looks like if I get the same model as someone else I should just be able to use their settings right?
The settings are 3D printer and material specific, not model specific. The settings on my printer (Vellemon K8200) are probably very different from those on TREX's printer. And the settings I use for PLA are different from those I use for ABS or PETG.

There will be some learning curve, but less if you use an out-of-the-box type printer. My printer was a kit, and it's taken a lot of tweaking and learning to get it to print well. But the newer printers need less adjustments. TREX got his and was up and printing almost right away (and hasn't stopped since!).

All this to say, if you get a printer with good reviews I don't think the learning curve will be difficult.