View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's State of the Meta Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
This thread is specifically interested in the Main Event metagame, which is an interesting thing to talk about. Yes, people play Q9 in other events (I played him twice last year actually) but I think people prep and think about Main Event armies much more and so discussing the consequences is interesting. I don't think "RtW Power Rankings" are the right way at all: RtW is more complicated than that. True power rankings are more informative when discussing RtW anyways.

My dad's 5-0 Day 1 army last year (Romans x2, Raelin, Theracus, MBS, Marcus, 10th x1) is pretty much a splash army, although the idea was to make it cross-card synergistic as well as order marker mixing. We are a little more hesitant about armies without synergy because it seems easy to get rolled by cogent armies and that's not a fun way to lose when you only have five games.

For the most part I think that the splash army strategy is effective but I agree with dok that it's more important to have two viable choices for order markers each round than a ton at the beginning of the game. I think these specific armies do that though.
Yeah, I had a ton of fun in my RtW match vs your dad! It was a good game; I made a few misplays that hurt. He played the Blades better than most other people I've played against, which did not help.

Agreed with regular power rankings being informative; that was really the driving force behind me creating my own. They are now what I used, and I figured that I mine as well share them with the community.

I'll definitely be covering your dad's army in the future! Thanks for the feedback!