View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Yakuza Enforcer - Breathing Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd be cool with either Marvel or DC. Whichever company has done more Yakuza stories, I guess. Don't know enough about Crusade Comics to weigh in on that.

I could see them maybe needing a bump to 3 Life to be worth their points? Design seems like it's mostly in a good place, though. Might need a wording tweak here or there, but the mechanics seem sound.

Should they also move-bond with other Yakuza? That'll make things easier if the Yakuza develop as a faction, plus it lets you burn an early OM to move two, which is nice - I end up doing that with the Mutant Sidekicks a lot. Gets em a little jump out of the SZ so you have more than one handy for bonding.
I'm open to the 3 life idea, I was just trying to make sure their points didn't get too crazy. In my mind it would be cool if they came in at 80 points so you could draft Silver Samurai or Lady Deathstrike (both 240) + 2 of them (160) for a 400 point block. Then that block could either be put in opposition to or aligned with Wolverine (280) and Yukio (120) as another 400 point block. Silver Samurai & Lady Deathstrike along with 4 of them could also be a pretty fun army. Splinter (230) and Micky or Ralph (both 170) is another interesting 400 point block that could be fun to have them face down. Then Masahiro is 170 points so him and 1 Enforcer at 80 would be a nice 250 point block to build around. In the end though I'm more excited about the power set and it's mechanics than anything so I'm okay with what ever point they come in at after testing. I just didn't want them to end up being too high in price since so many of our Mercs are already pretty pricey (Deadpool, Deathstroke, Omega Red, etc.) and they are going to be filler for merc armies.

As for the Yakuza being added to the move bonding, Masahiro already has full bonding with them so I was just going to avoid the issue of bonding twice with him. I don't want to see them moving 9 spaces in a single turn and figured the wording to prevent that could get a bit too long and complicated.

Also just a FYI, I'd like to leave the free move bonding open so you could actually reveal and OM on Silver Samurai (merc), move one Yakuza Enforcer 4 spaces, take a turn with Silver Samurai, then take a turn with Viper (Underworld Contract w/Silver Samurai her one merc bonding option). I think that is still allowed here and if it is please keep that in mind if we try to introduce Masahiro bonding without double activating.