View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Stargirl - Brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Part of me wants to open up Passenger to any unit, and keep the Mystery Man trigger...
That would be my preference, but I worry about it shooting up her cost (a unit with a carry ability that triggers anytime they move and a defensive ability that works on allies could be pretty abusable in competitive play).

Quote:
but that mostly comes from my experience with her being mostly in JLA rather than JSA circumstances, and I can't say if that's really accurate or not.
I believe her being with the JLA is just New 52; before that she was exclusively JSA or teamed up with S.T.R.I.P.E.S.

Quote:
I believe Force Field X should go last on the card, but overall, she seems like a solid support unit to me. No idea if that's accurate or not from my limited experience.
Good call on moving down Force Field X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
You know I like the direction. Cosmic Rod Passenger feels weird as a name to me because the first part of the power has nothing to do with the Cosmic Rod. I would suggest changing the name to something like JSA SIDEKICK, HERO WORSHIP, or something like that.
Hmm... I went with Cosmic Rod Passenger because the second part (the carrying), but I can see how it's kind of weird with the first part. Not a fan of JSA Sidekick because 1) it's not a normal sidekick power, and 2) she's not really a sidekick (she's the one with the sidekick). Hero Worship isn't bad but doesn't feel like it quite captures the theme of the power.

I'll have to think on it. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Are you worried about the conflict between Power Girl's proposed synergy conflicting with Protective Force Field X, given that they both trigger on an X OM?
I hadn't thought of that; I normally like tension with the X OM, but I also want the two of them to play well together. We could easily switch one of them to just "once per round", in which case I'd do so with Power Girl because I'd like to keep Protective Force Field X as similar as possible to normal Force Field X.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!