View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
The lowdown on my "local" gaming stores:

Dr. Comic & Mr. Game - 4014 Piedmont Ave, Oakland. Comics, collectibles, DVDs, board games, some rpg … Dr. comic has definitely taken over most of the store. They have an upstairs table but, it gets pretty heavy use and needs to be scheduled.

Endgame - 921 Washington St, Oakland (corner of 10th and Washington). They have been our gracious hosts for some of the NorGal Gamedays. They have an open mezzanine with a bunch of tables … generally first come first sever for small groups. They sell Heroscape, board games, miniatures, CCGs, and RPGs.

Games of Berkeley - 2151 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley (across the street from the down town Berkeley BART station). Great rpg section, carries HS, minis (definitely WH focused), gaming tables downstairs, loads of great stuff. It’s my store of choice, but then again I’m on the same side of the bay. Open tables for small groups until 9pm.

Games Workshop - 101 Fourth St, San Francisco (in the Metreon).

Gamescape - 333 Divisadero St, San Francisco (at Oak street). I haven’t been there in a few years, but they used to have a pretty good used rpg section … minis, rpgs, darts, board games, good stuff! They have four tables for in shop play till 7pm (MTG on tues).

It's your move - 4920 Telegraph Ave, Oakland. A small game store with minis and expensive HS boosters (last I checked). Gaming tables for up to 30 and will stay open after hours for a nominal fee.

Get the sense I could easily be convince to haul a few master sets out to throw down a few rounds.