View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2009, 03:17 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Cookie Cutter Army Discussion and Tiers

Good stuff, Jexik, as per usual. If you'd asked me to list the top tier armies, that's what I would've said.

Of these, my favorite is obviously the Rat-Podge. Blue Steel (which was Top 8, btw, and VERY close to Top 4 ) was an army that I felt could deal with anything. I beat a Vydar-Range, a Stinger-Podge, a Critical Mass and an Apojee at GenCon, and I felt like I could compete with Trons if I set up a good rat screen. My two losses were to Stinger-Horde (6x Stingers and 7x Stingers), but in those two games I felt I was really beaten by the dice (and one stupid, retarded, idiotic one-hex mistake in the Top 8 game. I'm not bitter.).

The toughest thing about Rat-Podge is that it is very mentally taxing. You have to apply all of your mental strength to using Deathreavers to their complete potential.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that Vydar-Range had an amazing showing in the GenCon Unique Hero tourney (by subbing the Krav for Skahen), taking both 2nd (ManTrainChooChoo) and 4th place (me, with my only loss to ManTrain). I didn't see it much throughout the rest of the Con, but it was out with a vengeance in that tourney.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57