View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
On the topic of Summoner Wars, one more Alliances set would be quite neat.
If you build a circle of allegiances between the 15 factions you might find something like this:

Jungle Elves/Swamp Orcs: One linked to animals, the other to plants.
Phoenix Elves/Filth: If Elien makes a deal with the undead, I could see Maldaria making a deal with the corrupt.
Shadow Elves/Deep Dwarves: Both seek knowledge, and avoid the light.
Vanguard/Benders: Imagine a former Bender Summoner turned crusader, using powers of the mind to convert the heathens.
Mountain Vargath/Guild Dwarves: Both defend mountainous regions. May make for a turtle-type gameplay, but could be fun.
Fallen Kingdom/Cave Goblins: The Filth have had their way with the Cave Goblins, next ought to be the Undead Army's turn. I have a picture in my head of an undead Feeder champion or Mole Dog commons.
Sand Goblins/Tundra Orcs: While initially weird, I think the combination of potentially conjuring blizzards and sandstorms to be quite synergystic
Cloaks/Mercenaries: The faction most mercenary-like already paired with the normal Mercs, I think would go well.

Swamp Orcs/Sand Goblins/Cloaks/Shadow Elves/Jungle Elves/Vangard/Vargath/Guild Dwarves/Tundra Orcs/Cave Goblins/Filth/Fallen Kingdom/Phoenix Elves/
I think it's highly unlikely that we see any more SW. It's a great game, but it wasn't supported well and wasn't released properly. The last SW event at GenCon was 2-3 years ago, so I don't really foresee a continuation.

I would like to see a reboot, but there'd have to be changes in OP, release model, and design/development/playtesting. It'd have to be a large-scale project, and I can't see PHG doing it.
Why not? If they think it's a viable product that would sell, they should have the resources, given that they're under the Asmodee banner at this point.

I guess it all comes down to R.O.I. though. If there's not a market for it any longer, they probably won't.

I got a starter set for it back in the day, but two player, non-coop games don't really hit the table for me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.