View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:35 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Custom Units - Air Elementalist & Archon, 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
What about changing elemental reinforcement to a more thematic wind power that grows stronger when you put air elementals on his card? Like a version of Swirling Vortex that increases in range or something?
Interesting...I'll get back to you.
Quote:
I might be completely of base, but I think the summoning really lowers his points. Compared to the Airborne or the Retchets, the Archon's summoning is pretty much a pure negative. He doesn't get to pop up where ever he pleases or take a free turn, and a swarm army could completely negate the chance of him coming out if it gets lucky.
I hadn't thought of that. On the other hand, upon being summoned, the Rechets and the AE can immediately be killed. My archon comes in as a fully-loaded hero. And Air will not be the strongest of the four, I promise. So I feel like there's some added value there as well.
Quote:
is there any particular reason the Archon can save an air elemental within 4 spaces but has to place it within 3 spaces of himself? Not a game breaker or anything, just seems kind of odd to me.
See, that actually was a thematic touch. He's a funneling current. When the Air Elemental is destroyed, it gets pulled back toward the Archon, who spins it back up and gets it swirling again. Or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
1) This looks good. I am really curious to see which figure you are going to use for Sephyn.
Soon, I hope.
Quote:
2) If you were thinking of giving the Archon a wind themed power may I suggest something like the Air Elemental's Air Mastery. Instead of being a power that affects just the figure that the elemental is attacking, you could use something like an aura where any figure wtih Flying/Stealth Flying within x amount spaces would roll subtract x amount from his defense dice.
Interesting. Stronger vortex takes down fliers. I like it. I haven't playtested these guys yet. I just need to make sure the Air Elementals get enough support, since they won't have Kurrok taking turns with 3 at a time and summoning them when necessary. I worry that without the regeneration factor, at least the Elemental-component of the army might fizzle too quickly. That was the point of the Archon's regeneration power. Must think more about this.

Quote:
3) 120 for Sephyn and 75 for the Archon
That might be about right. I might bump the Archon to 80 to start with. Then I might find out I'm wrong.

Quote:
5) Not really, I would suggest dropping Sephyn's Life to 4 or 5 and the Archon's Life to 4.
I don't know about this. Kurrok needs to stay out of harm's way. I want Sephyn to be able to venture into the fray a little more. Or at least into the friendly vortex. As for the Archon, 5 is average, and I do want them to be a little on the scary side. I'll see what works.

I really appreciate the input, guys. It's great to be able to bounce ideas around.

I'll be back.

~Spite