View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:43 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaider
Well, if we had SpellCheck here, this wouldn't happen.
I have a program that checks my spelling here; it is called Mozilla Firefox, and it's free.
My program is called a public education. I don't use software to correct my spelling and English was my weakest subject in school. I may on occasion make spelling errors but you won't ever see me blatantly throw together a sentence of slop. I agree that some people "should" use a spellchecker but no one should rely upon it as a crutch.

Back in the old pre-wordprocessor days I used to sit at my typewriter with a spelling dictionary next to me. If I didn't know for certain how a word was spelled I looked it up then usually I remembered it the next time that I needed to use it.

I did the same thing with my vocabulary. If I was reading something and didn't know for certain what a word meant I looked it up in a dictionary and if it still wasn't clear I would look it up in a thesaurus to get synonyms in order to compare it. I usually don't have to refer to the lexicons again unless I don't use the word in over a year.

Since no one on this site is under the age of thirteen (under 13 requires for you to send in a fax...and there is no fax number) their is really no reason that anyone should have problems posting in a legible manner.

P.S. Sorry if my sig is too big. It is a netherspirit design so I lay all blame at his feet.