View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Wilds of Valhalla: MAP REVIEWS

Marro Thaw by @legoboy

Doublespaced figures cannot access Glyphs, the build instructions have an incorrect amount of tiles (6 single-hex swamp terrain when only 2 come in a set), there are too many choke points in the middle lowground that limit movement and though the map is supposed to be partially asymmetric, it does not play balanced. One side has a couple 2-hexers for height close to the start zone, near the low ground and the other does not giving any ranged army on that side a clear advantage. And yet, it's a gorgeous map.
Tournament worthy?

Volcarren Paradise by @Robber

I really like this map, but 1) the special rules don't make it competitive for tournaments b/c it can really make strong heroes OP. Without the rules the game is still fun to play and I think it's a beautiful map...BUT my major qualm is that it doesnt do enough for Ranged armies. I know I don't usually say that and I'm all for helping the melee builds...but this is too far on one side. Melee armies (even knights) can move pretty fast across this small, low ground map...and almost too fast for ranged armies. A strong ranged army would be more forced to hunker down in the start zone rather than take the risk of development on this map, and that's just no fun. It will be very hard for ranged armies to take position on this map before their getting run over by melee units and I feel there needs to be balance even for ranged figures .
Tournament worthy?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22