View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I am aware that this requires re-approval, but due to the number of people saying that they like the card, but wish that it was 7 instead of 8 move, I'm going to re-submit with 7 move.

Spoiler Alert!

Known synergy with: Teeth of the Makwa, Venac Worlord, Brave Arrow, Van Nessing, Seleena, Werewolf Lord.

Known weakness: Once she's engaged, she only has 2 attack

Because it's not immediately apparent to everyone, I want to elaborate on how exactly Evasion instinct can be used.
- You choose a figure, but you are not required to attack that figure.
- You can attack a different figure than the one you chose, and evasion instinct onto a hex that is still adjacent to the figure you attacked, so long as it is not adjacent to the figure you chose.
- You can choose a figure, successfully wound and destroy it, and then evasion instinct forward onto the hex the figure you chose was sitting on before it was destroyed, because technically you aren't adjacent.
- All of this is possible because you choose a figure.

I play tested with these options in mind. Engagement is still the counter to Maltis, so even though she has a lot of options with evasion instinct, you might not want to use them most of the time. Generally you just want to avoid engagement, if you are planning to place markers on her very much. Hopefully these options within the ability, won't negatively impact her chances for approval.