View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What's for dinner?

Well, I keep kosher, so definitely no pig for me. I do however eat pretty much anything else within the bounds of my dietary restrictions. I love beef and chicken, but actually eat more seafood. Two of my favorite foods in the whole world are tomatoes and spinach; I actually salivate when I think of eating spinach. I also love sushi. I've never tried growing my own vegetables because I've never had the space for more than an herb garden. Hopefully that will change when we get the house we're looking at.

I probably eat less than the governement recommended daily allowance of 6oz of meat, using a lot of beans, eggs and dairy products (which is probably due to keeping kosher, since if I eat dairy, I can't eat meat for a number of hours and have to get protein into the meal some way). I do probably eat more bread products than I ought to.

Since reading a book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma", I'm really concerned about the commercialness of what I eat. Basically, the premise of the book is that all industrialized food production boils down to us essentially eating corn. The author posits that cows, pigs, and chickens are all raised on pretty much just corn, even when it is detrimental to the animal's or our health, and then the way food is brought to us or even stored is also mostly corn based.

"Anti"-Oxymoron
I'm anti-fashion, anti-religion
Anti-police and anti-system;
Anti-commercial and anti-prison,
Anti, anti-everything.