View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:18 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: How to Host Your First Heroscape Tournament

Not sure why another stickey as we already have:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=2117

Which has alot of good information on hosting HS tournaments.

I can agree with much of what was posted, however I have to say I would not get put a lot of emphasis on holding the tourney at a Hobby Shop or Game Store... while they are ok I think public areas give the game much more exposure as well typically give your gamers more room and most likely a nicer venue to play - IMO.

I'm good with a nomial fee to get in they tourney ( which goes 100% toward prizes ) but you stopped short of having the tournament host also look for other prizes in the way of donations or better yet promotions. I've taken pride that the Tree Town Open always have sent all the gamers home with many more $$ worth of prizes than they spent in their entry fee.

I can go on forever talking about tournament planing... I think even the First Tree Town Open was planed well, but I can say every tournament we learn something and can use that to improve the next. Basically just ask your self what did you like about a tournement you attended. What would have done to make it better... it is a simple recipe.

Anyway look forward to more HS tournaments ... hope more spring up here in the upper mid-west.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023