View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2020, 10:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: AOTV Playtesting Thread (Volunteers needed!)

Hero Draft! LoveElemental and I did a draft game today.

Map was a custom map, with the Attack +1 Glyph and AotV Healing Glyph both revealed faceup prior to drafting.

Draft Pool
Spoiler Alert!

Armies ended up being:
flameslayer93
Tetsuo
Dienekes
Finn
Zetacron
Blue Wyrmling
Black Wyrmling

LoveElemental
Pyria
Sgt Drake (rotv)
Syvarris
Culisquito
Black Wyrmling
White Wyrmling

Summary:
The game started out with shots being fired right away, as her Syvarris managed to punch 3 wounds into Dienekes's paper thin shield. Zeta fired back, but his aim must have been poor, even though he had height on the elf. We slow rolled in our bigger heroes, while still taking shots at each other's units with the high range heroes. Finn snatched the Attack +1 Glyph, which attracted both of LE's Wyrmlings. While they only dealt 1 wound to the viking (and a wasted OM1 on Finn that I used to try to bait Drake into Combat Challenge/Tether of Logos range with Dienekes that would both not work and still result in no wounds vs the baby dragons), LE moved Pyria up to unleash a hellish 4-skull normal attack+height advantage that would kill Finn. Surprisingly, LE didn't attempt to use Fireline vs Dienekes and Tetsuo who were lined up for it. After putting Finn on Tetsuo, I ran Mr. T into Pyria for an impressive 5 wound attack (+3 dice thanks to Finn and Overclock). No Mindjack. And from that point on, my game just fell apart. Sure, Tetsuo killed off Pyria the next turn, but my figures just started to miss their attacks and slowly perish. I tried to Mindjack thrice, but even with the best odds possible on the last attempt (5 wounds on Tetsuo), I just couldn't get the job done once. Afterwards, I spent much of my time just trying to kill off wyrmlings and throw wasted attacks at Culisquito (who just Fluttered away). In the end, LE's Culisquito finished off my Blue Wyrmling.

LoveElemental wins. Drake (2 wounds), Culisquito (full health, 1 wound healed via Life Drain) remaining.

Notes:
Culisquito being a personal custom is probably a cardinal sin of playtesting, but since this was a heroes format (and literally 4 other customs were being played anyway) I figured it doesn't matter nearly as much. Plus, this game is mostly to see how the AotV units would fare in a draft and uniques heavy setting, of which I felt they were well suited to.

Glyph of Healing: I wasn't able to pull attention away from the main firefight to grab it, and I doubt it would have helped me much.

Tetsuo: I mean, I had stacked his card with Finn, so it should come as no surprise that he dealt 144 points of damage. However since a lot of those points came in the form of self damaging (and a viking spirit), they aren't as good. Not triggering Mindjack once did hurt me, but that just makes him really swingy. I can't say if upping his price will help him or not. Since I don't see any of the AotV stuff as being mega-destructive powerhouses that will scale his swing down quite a bit.

Dienekes: I did a poor job with using him, and feel that maybe drafting him will be in poor taste since he doesn't really counter heroes. Maybe next time I do a draft I'll throw in the AotV squads, so that he can maybe be a better roakblock. In this game, his tankiness just got blown open by Syvarris, greatly hindering his later effectiveness as cleanup.

Pyria: Not much to say here. She only took 2 turns, but thanks to her range (and the fairly smaller board), both of those turns meant she could attack (although I'm fairly certain her first attack did nothing). She was able to kill Finn on a lucky attack, but not much else. Definately was fun to try to counterdraft against her, and I suspect we're going to want at least 1 or 2 good antirange units in the game to counter all this ranged hero-ness.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.