View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
I haven't posted anything from the other thread, but have read it all. It is quite disturbing to see something like that unfold. Glad Sky handled the situation properly and that we have good admins here to make the scapers community aware of what is possible...

Having recently played in a tournament, I've got to meet some really cool people. And I've been offered by some of these people to hang out for some scapin'. I'm honored by their invitations and can't wait to casually hang out and play a great game we all love. It all comes with instinct... I can tell you this... When my g/f and I played the tournament, by instinct and first impressions of who we thought were some of the sincere, down to earth, cool people, turned out to be the ones that invited her and I to hang out into their homes, which means our gut instincts were correct. It doesn't mean any other members at the tournament are any less good people, it just tells me my awareness is on par. If I felt those who invited me were strange in their mannerisms, I'd decline on their offers.

It's the ones that look, act, and talk off-kilter that prove to be the ones to watch out for. And just as its understandable these people are aware that they'd be letting me into their homes, I too would have to be aware that where I'm going is safe for me as well. As it stands, I feel that I can safely trust those that have invited me. so I guess after all my rambling my point is that FunRun is totally right... It's good to meet cool people, we just all need to be aware. Thanks for everyone doing a good job as a community bringing all their thoughts and points to the table, so everyone is aware of something like this.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)