View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2018, 04:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Astroking112's Custom Units

Let’s take a crack at this, Astro...

Captain Konah:
I’m not sure how I feel about Einar’s Orders on this guy. Moving the EI and Konah could be pretty devastating in the right situation. But, since the EI are already rather expensive I can understand why it isn’t factored too much into Konah’s price. Strike Aura is a very strong power alone, rivaling Taelord’s. I’d give this guy some serious testing before settling on 130 points as his cost.

Tenri Samurai:
These two minis are really expensive for what they can do themselves. Ranged Counterstrike is a cool power to give them, though. I do worry they won’t help much against horde armies, as the heroes in those armies are generally not the focus of those types of builds. And Samurai builds have a hatf time against OM-strong builds. They really would need to be played by a good player to get their value.

Eltris:
A dragonrider is cool. I fear she may be nearly useless with both 1D and Eternal Heartbreak. Taking turns with her is already risky, since there won’t be many activations where she will be more effective than a dragon’s turn. You had mentioned bumping her defense to compensate for Heartbreak damage... that’s probably a step in the right direction. As she is right now, I’d rather have another squad of Greenscales or even a dedicated cleanup unit. Keep working on her!

Steel Ultimatus:
Beep boop beep boop. A cyborg who affects flyers in a strange way, by denying their key power. It’s a cool effect, but places him firmly in the counterdraft catagory. Cool unit overall, and pretty creative use of the leap attack. Just remember that Special Leaping Attacks ignore Gravity Well, like Kursus’s attack (special attacks are never modified).

Black Harts:
Hey, it’s a bunch of Valguards! Neat way to make a momentum based squad, but this squad will probably have a sweet spot where they’ll be the most effective and will then be dead weight against ranged beyond that. Not an issue if your group isn’t the most competitive, however. With armor like that though, I’m shocked you only gave them 2 defense. I guess you can reason that sports equipment isn’t quite as useful as platemail.

Cool stuff Astroking! I’ll try to poke in and out from time to time. Keep it up!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.