View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2021, 10:53 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Blue Trails's Customs (Updated 8/28/2021 - Undead Wolf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Really cool card! I like how undying ties in with his ability to start shrugging off wounds, thematic for an undead lord of darkness ^^

80 points is an interesting place to put him but I think it makes sense given his low life total. 4 defense is still solid and I like that there is 1 power on the card. It is always great to see a custom hit that level of specificity. Gnoll witherling huh? I will have to look into that miniature.
Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you like the design/theme; I tend to overcomplicate some of my ideas, so it's nice to see a simpler unit have such a reception. It was actually fairly difficult to pin down a cost for the unit. I often compared it to the Ice Troll Berserker and Skull Demon when testing, as they fill similar design spaces at similar point costs, but I ultimately decided to bump the points a bit higher than those units' due to Sotakh's high Defense for a regenerating unit.

As for the miniature: it's a recent release that is fairly easy to find online. The pack sells for about $4 to $5 and comes with two unpainted sculpts of the same basic character in different poses. I'm not crazy about the rock piece attached to each miniature's feet, but your tastes may vary.