Thread: Diplomacy
View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2020, 05:18 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Think of motivation, this game you were motivated to just get a good score(2 way draw), next game you might say screw it, I want that elusive solo, play it the same way with your ally and in the end make a run for it.

Indeed, I would be very interested in winning a solo in Diplomacy at some point, as I imagine it gives a fantastic feeling of accomplishment. That being said, it is all dependent on the context of the map. I'll always shoot for the best score I think I can confidently manage without getting greedy. I don't know much about baseball, but I reckon I would take a guy that gets on base every time he goes up to bat instead of a guy that hits a home run say 1 out of 6 times, gets on base another 1 out of 6 times, and strikes out the other four times.

Diplomacy is war, and in war the objective isn't always to win, but it's always not to lose.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT