View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2021, 10:11 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: OHS Season 40 - Reverse Draft (BYOG) - Semifinals until

Really fun game with @boromir96 tonight. I ended up with my army minus a squad of rats and Sonya. I felt like the matchup was actually pretty even before the bidding but I was definitely more comfortable piloting my army so I was okay with being down 85 points. (Sonya wasn't going to matter anyway.)

I figured with Jalgard, boromir would start with his wyrmlings to counter my rats racing for the defense glyph. I lost first round initiative and the wyrms were rolling well. I ended up having to stick Cyprien on the defense glyph and hope Braxas could acid the solborgs to death. She got through most of them, but I had to play a bit risky if I was going to win this game and she got swarmed. She wriggled out of the first group that surrounded her but the damage was done; she was too wounded to finish the battle. boromir won with 5 blastatrons and Raelin.

This format was really fun for me. Every time I play reverse draft I love it because I feel like I have the chance to even out otherwise unfavorable matchups. I liked the army I brought because it often ended up as a game of "How much can Braxas, Cyp, or Braxas and Cyp actually kill." It was fun having my one or two heroes dominate an entire army. The addition of bringing your own glyph was cool too. I wanted to bring a glyph that 1) is too busted to ever see tournament play 2) benefits my idea of wanting to kill everything with one or two figures and 3) helps me but doesn't really hurt me if i lose it (Braxas more so than Cyprien but rolling 20s on Chilling touch is a thing too). There's also the interesting idea of taking a glyph that will hurt your army therefore making it's "value" worse than what the points would suggest.

Overall a fun tournament and it was cool to see a balanced way to see wacky glyphs.