Thread: Bums
View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:27 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bums

As a pastor I face this every day on a much larger scale; phone calls asking for help with utility shut-offs, eviction notices, medicine for children, etc. Our church partners financially and through volunteer support with a number of homeless and emergency assistance organizations, but with the economy like it is these organizations are already overrun and under-resourced. So our church does provide direct emergency assistance as our budget permits. But I do a quick but somewhat thorough background check on the person first. If everything checks out and there are no red flags we then send funds directly to the billing agency. That way I know that the money is really going for what was claimed.

And yes, I've turned away many people who were scam artists.