View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2019, 12:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Talking Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@whiteknight , do you think that light box I purchased and linked above would work well for photographing minis for stls? I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. I'm going to see about getting or making a turntable to sit in the bottom, and I'll be setting my camera, or phone up next to it on a tripod. I did this also for photographing the 1000+ miniatures I've painted that I have at my house.
It should work. It uses LEDs similar to mine, and the backdrop looks brighter than mine which will help with overall lighting.

Some notes:
- The LEDs will cause shiny spots. You'll want to use the matte spray to get the best results.

- I've heard you can get good scans of a mini without any background (see here), but I've never tried it and don't know if it will work with 3DF Zephyr

- Otherwise, your turntable will need a print on it to give the photogrammetry program background references. Mine needed walls so that the figure is entirely within the background.
Cool. Ill probably get a chance to mess with it a little today if it arrives as scheduled. Ill probably work up a patterned backdrop into an attachment for the turntable. I plan on scanning much more than just HS minis on the thing. I have some really great expensive minis that would be neat to make copies of. Im going to look up some turntables to see if they are cheaper and less time consuming than making one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo