View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2015, 05:06 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Public design of Hoth Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I agree with Schulzy. Maybe it would be more fitting to turn it around and have the Tauntaun figure be the standard, still use the marker, and he simply gets different stats after the Tauntaun dies. Unofficial gameplay could swap Tauntaun Han for Hoth Han because it looks more fitting.
I don't think there should be a marker at all. Having a unit change left side stats based on a marker isn't completely unprecedented, especially when taking C3G into account, but changing hit zones, size, and the line of sight for is. There is simply too much room for confusion if a physical figure acts differently or has different limitation then it actually does. So, in my mind, the options are figure switching, which not too many people seem to be on board with or scrapping the ability that lets Han burn the Tauntaun, which seems to be key to the design. There may have to be a way to compromise with a supportive power that doesn't actually require the Tauntaun to "die" or scrap that aspect entirely and focus on the scouting/opportunistic aspect of the design.
I agree that a mechanic like that is too confusing and too hard to pull off. That's why I'm in favor of no Smell Bad power. I am, however, ok with a Hoth Han (preferably a low costed unit) replacing the Tauntaun Han to represent the Tauntaun dying.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs