View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2019, 01:55 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Pod 1 Main Thread

Welcome to the site and project, Fakeraistlin! While this Pod is for the design of all four units in the OP, it's certainly alright to play favorites, heh. Just be aware that you may be asked to comment on or give feedback for designs on Gideon and the Firecats as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Can bring up in pre-brainstorming thread, but what are thoughts on co-designed units such as Chandra Nalaar being able to summon Blazing Firecats, or something else that requires more than one unit to be designed and tested in tandem?
Of the Project Leads who's opinion I know, most expect that Jace and the Illusions will end up like this but that we should avoid it for other units. For the next public vote, it might not be a bad idea to have those figures only count as a single unit for voting purposes if one relies heavily on the other.

Personally, the Iskra/Retchets precedent definitely gives us room to explore this space but I don't want to oversaturate it. If we make, say, the Firecats dependent on being summoned by Chandra, then we have to make a unit that can only be used in armies with one very specific figure. From an army construction standpoint, I don't find that particularly interesting, and wouldn't want to do it without a very good reason. But, it's not entirely my decision. I would be happy to change my mind in the face of a particularly compelling design direction.

Quote:
Also what is the thoughts on having "Lava Resistant" on units such as Blazing Firecats or Chandra Nalaar? I know we want to make this set as self-contained as possible, but maybe if some powers such as an Special Attacks ended with "Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by [special power]" this helps to make the set contained slightly but does open up when you add VW terrain sets.
I think leaving Lava Resistant open for this set makes sense. I do think that a figure being fire-themed does not mean that they absolutely need Lava Resistant, but in some cases not having it would be very odd (for instance, the Firecats are literally made of fire, so they should probably have it for thematic reasons of nothing else.)