View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Brew's DnD Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I think my only thing with him is that he might be lacking that 'special something'. He looks cool, great theme, but he really doesnt do anything special compared to the other orc bonding options. I suppose he should be able to survive pretty good, but offering a single attack of three for his orc buddies is somewhat lacklustre.

His primary roll appears to be a cheer leader with his orc enhancement and be able to absorb some hits.

I was thinking that if his Orc Enhancent power had a radius of 2 it would do the trick. With an Orc Enhancent with a radius of 2 it would motivate me to draft this guy because now he can do something that no other orc bonding option can do. With a radius of 2 he now becomes a cheerleading tank.
A Meat-shield was really what our party needed. He really helped when our party faced Charos, Braxas, and Kelda. Held up Charos while Hallas broke the other 2. Adrian would have been the Kelda assassin, but Braxas melted him. Braxas wasn't a good match for our guys at all really, she also melted Grish right before Hallas slayed her. Ended up just Hallas and Charos, and Charos barely took the win.

But you are right, he seems just a tad lacklustre. I like the idea of a 2-radius aura, that would do him justice. Hell, I could give him a 4-radius aura and pump him up to 200 points, he'd be an Orcish Spartacus

Also, NEW GUY
Tracer

Fights for Aquilla
Human

Unique Hero
Ninja
Disciplined
Medium 5
Life 1
Move 10
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
50 points

Parkour:
Tracer may ignore elevations when moving up no more than 2 levels and down no more than 5 levels. Tracer may move under, but may not stop under, overhangs smaller than his height. Tracer may move through jungle terrain pieces without stopping.
  • At the cost of 5 move, at any point possible during his move, Tracer may leap up to 3 spaces from his current position. Tracer may not leap up more than 6 levels or down more than 14 levels. Tracer may leap over water without stopping, over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins.
  • At the cost of 10 move, Tracer may climb-up one space. Tracer may not climb-up more than 10 levels.
If Tracer is engaged before jumping or climbing-up, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Assassinate: Instead of attacking, choose a figure within 3 spaces of Tracer who does not have clear sight of Tracer, and whose base is not higher than 10 levels from the base of Tracer.
  • If the chosen figure is a common or uncommon figure, destroy it.
  • If the chosen figure is Unique, roll the 20-sided die.
    • If the chosen figure is a squad figure and you roll a 10 or higher, destroy it.
    • If the chosen figure is a hero figure and you roll an 18-20, destroy it.
If the chosen figure is destroyed, immediately place Tracer on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, Tracer is destroyed.

Ok, those have to be the two most complicated special abilities I've ever thought of XD. I wanted this guy to be like Deadeye Dan fuzed with Otonashi, and of course wrap that around an Assassin theme. And I actually think he is properly costed. He might be able to autokill, but he ALWAYS has to sneak up on them, and he has the chance to die if he's going up against uniques. Plus, Life 1 + Defense 3, do the math! XD

My aim, of course, with the Parkour special ability, was to make the most mobile Human unit possible, without giving him some sort of jetpack or something.

Assassinate just came from games like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell. Can't let them see you!

Last edited by Brewster; March 19th, 2010 at 04:05 PM.