View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:29 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker
Re: Petition for the Continuation of Classic Scape

Wow, errmm... most of what I was going to say has been said already. I suppose I'll give it a shot:

I don't mind adding D&D characters to the long list of various warriors already in 'Scape. The more the merrier, right? What I would not like to see is D&D completely taking over Classic.

The fact is, a lot of the factions within Classic 'Scape don't really seem "finished" in a sense, and it'd be almost criminal to leave them hanging like that. Even if those are finished, there are still other groups people would like to see added to 'Scape (most which are not D&D related), like Kroc's aliens, or the pirates many of the newer members always seem to want.

I agree with many other posters here that switching over to pure D&D would severely limit new figure choices, and would make it difficult to make more historical or sci-fi units (poor Vydar is always neglected...).

Classic 'Scape is also kind of the whole "flagship" for the brand, if you will, and the overall randomness of having robots fight historical soldiers is a major draw to the game, something I fear will be lost if all we see from here on is D&D.

So, in conclusion, go ahead and make D&D 'Scape, but don't for a second forget about good old Classic 'Scape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...