View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:05 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Not my call but I would consider this Elf in Jandar, getting away from the classic Elves in scape, more than the other generals.
I see her more as a scout but with movement bonding or bonus to any squad of wild hunters with 1 attack for her mount and one for her.

So I guess I'm kinda disagreeing with the thread direction...sorry about that.
It's not unreasonable to challenge the direction. What I've listed in the second post are not absolute aspects of the design, but aspects that have been mostly agreed upon so far. It is unlikely that they will change not because the discussion is being railroaded, but because you would have to convince a lot of people to change their minds. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to do that. For general, the green cape and elf direction made Ullar the natural choice for me. General is a relatively minor aspect of the design though, the only situation in which the difference between Jandar or Ullar will matter is if we make her a warlord. As a result, the general we choose could be up to debate for a while in this process.

As for your idea of a scout, I think that might actually fit pretty well in the direction we've chosen to go--a mechanically hybrid figure that can both pull her weight offensively (perhaps with some kind of multi-attack) and with some light synergy. I, personally, see the figure as much more of a front-line fighter than a nimble scout due to the stance of the miniature and her heavy armor, but I think further clarifying this direction is the next step in this process.

So, I think at this point we should start brainstorming powers and statlines in order to start figuring out how we want to represent our chosen direction. Some suggestions so far would be an Ullar warlord or a figure with a Knight's Courage-type power, but feel free to explore other ideas or help refine others. Ideally, we'll be able to put together a few rough design drafts that we can decide between in going forward.