View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Transcendental Argument for the Existence of God

Great post, @Xorlof

I like proposing those types of questions as a way to show that even when we have found a foundational way in which to approach answering the big questions, still we are searching for those answers. Naturally, there was quite a bit of what you posted with which I am not in agreement, but since very little of it was directed towards me, I think I will let those to whom you addressed those points answer them.

JS,

Truly, I understand what you are saying. I simply cannot agree. How can freedom NOT include the potential to always make the best possible choice within the context of having perfect knowledge and power? Can you really say that the only way to be free is to occasionally, intentionally, act wrongly or poorly, violating your own nature simply to demonstrate the ability to do so? That just doesn't make any sense. The question of whether or not an omniscient, omnipotent God has the ability to act against their nature is irrelevant because there is no reason an omnipotent, omniscient God could possibly desire to do so.

~Aldin, acting within his nature

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham