View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2014, 08:43 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Requests for Reevaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thematically speaking limiting it to normal attacks only makes sense. How does he block a mental attack anyway?
While I agree, personally, I think this whole power is a mess thematically.

Say Thor(or whoever) rolls upwards of 8 skulls, and the defender rolls 0 shields, how exactly is Aaron Cash absorbing these wounds, surviving, with only 1 wound to him at that?

It really makes no sense. It's one thing if it were say, the Riddler attacking, and he absorbs a punch. But logistics and theme go out the window when anyone of any significant strength does a heavy blow, and the defending figure is supposed to take a good deal of wounds, potentially equal or higher than his own life, and yet he only receives one.

If the idea is he is taking the brunt of the damage, he should be taking the brunt of the damage. For 65 points, Red Skull combo or not, you're getting quite a defensive unit with that. But cost aside, it makes no thematic sense that a human guard can somehow absorb the bit and only take. 1 wound regardless of what is rolled.

I think the best way to do it, is limit it to normal attacks, and he can roll his defense dice on top of what the adjacent hero is rolling. So he is aiding in the block. Then whatever wounds are dealt, he takes 1 and the adjacent hero takes the rest. Or however you want to distribute them. You could flip flop it. But at least this method the amount of wounds aren't just magically gone from the aid of a human, it can still harm Red Skull, and it makes more thematic sense that he or the figure could still die, it's not a guarantee bypass. His added defense of 3 will be enough IMO to still make him a worthy draft.

I propose:

PROTECT AND SERVE
Anytime an adjacent figure you control is targeted for a normal attack, you may add Aaron Cash's defense to the defending figure's roll. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from this attack, place 1 of those wounds on this card instead.

or

PROTECT AND SERVE
Anytime an adjacent figure you control is targeted for a normal attack, you may add Aaron Cash's defense to the defending figure's roll. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from this attack, place 1 of those wounds on the defending figure's card, and any additional wounds on this card instead.