View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Alternate Sculpts

Greetings, person trying to collect C3V minis but struggling to do so because the minis are hard to find!

In this thread, I will try to gather community input on suitable minis for use as alternates to those minis that are now hard to find. If there's traction for this idea, then we can put the suggestions in the books in question.

A couple of notes in advance:

1. I am not telling you, dear reader, how to proxy. If you want to use salt shakers to proxy the Ebon Armor, then go for it. This is just for people who want specific guidance, and not for those who are content to find their own way.

2. The C3V will not (as far as I know) be making separate cards for these. This is not an official C3V thing. It's just me.

3. My thoughts about suitable alternate minis are that they don't need to be perfect. The Ebon Armor have a very particular look, and (thematically) they are not undead. But could we use use Death Knights as alternate minis for them? Sure, as I see it. Close enough. The equipment doesn't have to be the same, but the overall look and size should be about right.

4. What I have in mind is that people will suggest minis, and we'll have some idea of what the shape and size of the mini is before acting on the suggestions. Or I'll come up with something (like Death Knights for Ebon Armor) and I'll make the suggestion. And then we can discuss, or not, and then I'll just make the call.

5. Please remember Note #1, above. This is not intended to limit what you (or even your local tournament director) permit at your own table. It's just to help people who want some specific pointers about what might be suitable.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =