View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2021, 09:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Movement - Design

I go back and forth on differentiating them. On the one hand, they're black. On the other, as a Master Set it still makes sense to me that they don't throw any unnecessary curves at new players.

Something that just came to me, though: what if they were fell somewhere between normal and temporary power glyphs? Sort of the "uncommons" of the glyphs if you will. Something like always starting face-down, then having "At the end of the round in which this glyph was revealed, remove it from the game."

This would do two things: 1) change the timing of trying to control a glyph to winning initiative and grabbing it on OM 1 to get maximum use (or stealing it for 1 turn at the end of the round to deny it to your opponent), and 2) reshape the battlefield by making it a point of interest early/until it's gone, then allowing focus to shift elsewhere.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13