View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM

PikminToo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: War for Valhalla

This is a great idea and I hope it sees more attention. The thought process behind it is very in depth. I have tried something along this lines before, but mine lacked the structure you have put forth. Here are a few things I suggest to help it.
1) Have several versions of the original map to allow for more/less players. Heroscape is always more fun when you have more people. Each person can control a general. With larger maps/more people allow two or three troop movements per turn.
2)Your explanation for why the sp does not carry over was brilliant but still exposes a problem for those who wish to do it. Instead of allowing for 400 pts to be carried over restrict it to 100 max. This will allow people to be happy with the little saving without altering the mindset of what you are trying to do.
3) This is more for whoever wants to play; a specific set of maps must be picked for each territory before the game starts. This will stop any fighting about maps, but you had that solved.
4) Just a thought on this one but try adding glyphs to remote territories. This gives more of an incentive and something more to be gathered in the wilderness.

Over all this is a brilliant idea and I plan on working this out with my brother over the coming months!