View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2024, 01:51 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GTM HeroScape AoA Previews!

The way they describe the glyphs as "magical" I think is a hint. I'm predicting each one comes with a small deck of magical glyph cards à la AotP spell cards.

Back when we got the ice tiles, I happened to notice how a glyph could fit inside (under) an ice tile and still be seen. What if the wellspring water is basically transparent, and you put any one of these magical glyphs under it, thus creating a permanent wellspring water space.

So, when a General is on a wellspring water space, he/she can do on-the-fly summoning and play a magical glyph card that comes with each magical glyph à la Planeswalker.

Or maybe certain unique heroes, not necessarily generals, could summon and play a magical glyph card, only when standing on wellspring water. Maybe the hero transforms, and you swap the "normal" sculpt for a stronger looking "special" sculpt for the same hero while standing on it. Wellspring water could be similar to chess or checkers, when a pawn or checker-piece gets to the opposite side of the board...

Last edited by GaryLASQ; February 16th, 2024 at 03:31 AM. Reason: bolding some keywords and chess/checkers analogy