View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2019, 11:37 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

chas and I played 4 games on Veterans Day, testing the latest versions of Demetria and Rania.

My impressions:

Demetria was mostly played by chas, who considered her to be quite strong. He used her to ambush and kill Rania in one game before Rania could use the Glyph of Pelor (+2 against Undead) and Divine Mission even once. However, Demetria managed Enslave 17 only once all day, and rarely found her Sonic Sword more useful than her normal attack. For the time being, we'll continue to test her as she is.

Rania did not play as hoped. Rania used Divine Mission to go after Treasure Glyphs - and mostly died. She was out front against mostly heroes, and Ullar's Battle Cry was rarely triggered. For the next round of tests, I'm thinking Rania will remain the same, except that her powers will be as follows.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Rania attacks with her normal attack, she may attack one additional time.

ULLAR'S LIGHT
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move 3 squad figures you control who follow Ullar up to 3 spaces each. Figures moved by Ullar's Light will take any leaving engagement attacks.

INSPIRE 17
When revealing an order marker on Rania, after taking Rania's turn, you may choose any friendly Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of
Rania. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

I'll be taking a small map and some figures to Jamaica this year, my wife indicating a renewed willingness to learn how to play. Let's see . . .

You can't find a much smaller map than

Quicksilver Fane

Armies:

195 Armocs x 3
145 Azurite Warlord
130 Rania
130 Locksley
600, 12 spaces

210 Heavy Gruts x 3
140 Racheim
130 Demetria
120 Grimnak

600, 17 spaces

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; November 13th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.