View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I pulled the trigger and ordered the Fallout Wasteland Warfare RPG last week and got it Sunday. Modiphius released this version a little bit ago, and it's a hybrid of traditional RPG and tabletop minis game. Basically, you do the RPG narrative and storytelling like DnD, but then when you get into battles that you go into knowingly or are surprised and have to fight, then you can break off to do the fighting with miniatures and such. So in that respect, it's challenging to be able to have the battle scene kind of setup but hidden from the players' view so it's a surprise. One battle wouldn't be hard, but if there are several, then it will take a bit more preparation or, just not worry about being so detailed battlefield wise, like a traditional game setup I do.

I don't know when I'll get to run this, but there is a lot to read and take in first. It comes with pre-generated characters of several types, even a couple Super Mutants and Mr. Handy the robot. You can even be a Ghoul that hasn't turned feral of course. The different characters have certain pre-determined extra skills and when you first start with them, you have 5XP's to spend but you have to buy at least 1 Perk that can cost 2-4 XP's, and at least one specialty for 1XP, which is a subset of a skill you already have. Any leftover XP's you can use to buy another skill for 1XP. Then you have to choose 2 Gifts from a list, which are extra good things for your character, but then you also have to choose 2 Scars from a list, which are bad things for your character.

The book gives lots of background info, tips for the Overseer (DM) and 3 scenarios that are linked into a narrative campaign. Of course there are all the other rules as well. They still use the custom dice from FWW, and they still work the same for combat, but they also each have a different function for skill tests like picking a lock or hacking a computer.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon