View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2016, 12:56 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Three-Space Glacier Terrain Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I've never used any of these home bake clays but since completing my partial sets seems to be expensive I'm thinking about trying this for Outcrops and Glaciers. Curious about the durability and weight. How thick does the "shell" need to be to make it sturdy and what's the weight like?
Once baked it's probably slightly more durable than the original plastic piece. Any thicknes up to 5mm would be ideal for this. Using foil as the core keeps the weight down but it is more substantial that the original pieces.
Thanks for the info. One more question, So you've personally done this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.