View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2019, 11:22 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

I started a directional wind cycle after the Ninjas of the Northern Wind. Here is the last in the cardinal cycle.

These are Ninjas from Crooked Dice Game Studio. They are probably supplied unassembled and unpainted.

NAME = Ninjas of the Eastern Wind
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Earth
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Ninjas
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 110

APPEARING NINJAS

The Ninjas of the Eastern Wind do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before you place order markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may place all Ninjas of the Eastern Wind figures that have not been destroyed on any empty spaces. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or other figures, or on Glyphs. At the end of each round, remove each Ninja of the Eastern Wind from the battlefield.

PHANTOM WALK
Ninjas of the Eastern Wind can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

The Ninjas of the Eastern Wind are a deadly and feared foe capable of striking at a moments notice. They rise up seemingly from nothing to strike down their targets and fade away just as quickly.

I wanted to capture the stealthy, appear from nowhere feel of ninjas so I decided to reuse the Drop ability of the Airborne Elite. I always find it interesting how going back and reusing powers on different units can really change how they function. I decided to give them the disappearing ninja feel and have you remove them from the battlefield again at the end of the round. This way they’ll only be fighting about half the time but can do so with across the battlefield and with some devastating attacks. There are only 3 of them however, and with 3 defense they will be pretty vulnerable to getting wiped out crippled the rounds they are around.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; August 12th, 2019 at 09:17 AM.