View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Low-cost counters to heavy hitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Okay, so you wanna get rid of Q9? Draft Jotun and he should be able to clobber the Major in a couple swings before getting Queglixed to death. Then again, Jotun is a great counter to a lot of units. Problem? Yeah, about 225 of them. I'm working on putting together a list of units that are good counters to figures that cost considerably more than they do.

The guidelines are that the counter must cost half as much as the target if unique or one quarter as much if common. They must have a decent chance at putting nice damage on the target (or some sort of instant kill). They must have a decent chance at not being murdered before getting the chance to attack at least twice (with consecutive order markers). They preferably are immune to the target's power(s). I welcome any comments and/or suggestions. I will continue this list as far as it takes me, but for now let's start at the top...

Jotun - 225 points

Dumutef Guard (25 points) - If on a road space, the road troll's defense and attack are both at least 5. Only 1 life is a problem, but at a nice cost, you can probably get off a few hits on Jotun without running the risk of being thrown.

Deadeye Dan (60 points) - I am personally not a fan of this strategy, but if you're feeling lucky, Sharpshooting Jotun from afar is a great feeling.

Concan the Kyrie Warrior (80 points) - Concan has good base stats for only 80 points at 4/4 with 5 life. He flies, so he's immune to Throw, and he can get height on Jotun more easily than non-flying characters.

Crixus (90 points) - Though he can be thrown, his One Shield Defense can help him stay alive long enough to hit Jotun with a heavy attack a few times.

Ne-Gok-Sa (90 points) - This is a bit risky, as it will be hard to do much damage with only 3 attack, but 6 defense and 5 life will keep you alive for a while as you try to turn the tide with a Mind Shackling of the highest costing non-Marvel figure in the game. Just don't get thrown out of the picture.

Sir Denrick (100 points) - Giant Killer can be a killer alright, and Coward's Reward will keep Jotun from wandering off to murder all your WoA, samurai, etc.

Brunak (110 points) - Good stats will keep you in the fight, though having more than 3 life would make this a much better option.

Airborne Elite (110 points) - The flexibilty of The Drop (assuming you hit it) can spread out the AE to avoid that Wild Swing, and getting height is usually a no-brainer. Four attacks of 4 are enough to put a hurtin' on about any figure.

Wait, wait, let me stop laughin...

Ok, I think I have it under con...

He has 8 attack dice. EIGHT, is the reason why he's called the hero killer.

You act like 6 defence is good enough to block 8 attack die. It'd be like using a bullet proof-vest to block a nuclear bomb.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep