View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Obviously everyone has their own tastes, but the 'best MCU movie' talk seems way off base to me. I went and saw it on Thursday night and was pretty excited about it. Leaving the theater I thought it was a good movie but wasn't really 'wowed' by it. Really enjoyed some aspects (like the Rhinos!), didn't have any major quibbles with anything (not to say it was a perfect movie though), and I believe most movie goers will enjoy it. I wouldn't say I am chomping at the bit to see it again like I was for say GotG, Avengers, Winter Soldier, or Civil War.

Black Panther was the MCU's 18th film. If I were to break them up into 4 groups of 4-5 films, this is how I would do it (in no particular order other than by group).

Best of the Best (4): Avengers, GotG, Winter Soldier, Civil War

Very Good (5): Iron Man, First Avenger, Ant-Man, Homecoming, Ragnarok

Good Fun (4): Black Panther, Doctor Strange, GotG 2, Age of Ultron

Solid Attempts (5): Iron Man II, Iron Man III, Thor, Dark World, Hulk

If someone moved Black Panther up to the next grouping (and dropped one they didn't particularly like in that 2nd group) I would understand. Moving Black Panther up into that top group of 4 just doesn't fly with me though.