View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Moon Knight - Design Phase

Thanks GP. Believe me, this is something I have worked on and wanted for a very long time, as in years. Just before re-joining C3G, I worked on it a little with Margloth, who added the version of Crescent Darts with the D20, though I lowered it from 11 to 9 since he's extremely accurate with them, though they don't cause much damage.

Regarding Fighter vs. Crime Fighter. Well actually he was originally going to be a Vigilante, which could work too. Then I was thinking that he's done some work as part of a team on occasions with the West Coast Avengers a long time ago and recently with the Secret Avengers. I was thinking Crime Fighter then, but Spidey reminded me of the time that MK cut the face off of one of his enemies, Bushmaster. So with that extra edge and potential brutal methods, he might not be good to be considered a Crime Fighter in the same way that Spider-Man is.

So, I figured Fighter would still get him the synergy with Luke Cage for the occasional bonding so it would still work the way Crime Fighter would. Not to mention that Moon Knight could be more like Wolverine in the way that they are "good" but can have some nasty sides. Also, Marc Spector was a golden gloves boxer when he was younger as well as a mercenary at the time he became Moon Knight. So "fighter" seemed like it could fit well also.

Actually, more recently, he has been used often as an undercover operative. Steve Rogers had MK go undercover (even letting some Hand Ninjas kick his ass) to get captured and be an "inside man" in the possessed Daredevil's Shadowland complex. Steve Rogers also had MK infiltrate another enemy base for the Secret Avengers.

This guy has done a lot of cool stuff and is a great comic character that has gotten a bad rap as a Batman ripoff. But in fact, he and Bats are nothing alike other than being badass rich guys that fight crime. But there are a ton of differences.

I only wish there was a way to have him not get taken control of, because he has multiple personalities and it's kind of a big deal that he can't be mind controlled because of the other personalities. But the other powers I have for him are very iconic and appropriate. So just like other insane character in designs can get mind controlled, it can work for MK too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon