View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2011, 02:49 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tips On Making Dungeons

I just concluded a scenario with my wife and son playing the heroes and me as the DM. I have played a lot of RPG's so it was rather easy to adapt heroscape to the role. I did use VS to design most of the rooms. I only have one BftU set so I stuck to small rooms when I got to the dungeon setting. First they had to battle their way into a ruined castle. I used the FotA set to make a castle with a gate and also broken sections of the wall caused by some long ago battle. I actually had wall sections laying on the board to add to the realism and also to add interesting obstacles for the players. Once they got through the castle they found that there was an opening in the mountainside that the castle was built into. This opening led to the lower levels of the castle. There was a room with castle pieces for walls and also a lot of rubble. This led to a cavern room followed by another castle walled room that was a former chamber in the castle dungeons. I used the door at one end and a pile of terrain at the other to make a cave in cutting off the chamber. They had to defeat the enemies in this room and then figure out how to get out because after they opened the door they found that it was also blocked with rubble. There was a pool or water in the room that water elementals kept popping up in and when one of the player stepped into the water they were sucked under the wall into another cavern chamber. From there they had to fight their way through several chambers to the final chamber. It was a fun little crawl.