View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2020, 10:59 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 1 until 7/5

Map: Valledon Fortress
Glyphs: Valda, Wannok

Player 1 - Army: * Motley Bunch: Marro Stingers x3, Nakita Agents, Motley Max, Izumi Samurai

Player 2 - Army:* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max

Which units survived?

Player 2 Motley Max (two lives left)

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)

Sheesh...... that battle was intense. The izumai moved out first, disrupting the Nilfheim climb for center height. They claimed the movement glyph which allowed for fast-stinger movement for the rest of the game.

The stingers soon went in and gave their all to bring down Niflheim, but failed..... even with a couple of successful stinger drains.

Finally the stingers and nakita were all gone, leaving 4-5 dead green scales and a nilfheim with 5 wounds. In addition, the Player 2 Motley Max received 2 wounds from wannok.

Eventually, my Motley moved in and went nuts..... he killed greenscale after greenscale using chain grab (even grabbing a greenscale off of wannok one time)

Nilfheim was distracted by killing the last izumai on the glyph, giving my Motley some freedom.

Finally, at the start of a round, my Motley took a LE hit and killed Nilfheim. After a two wound hit from a remaining greenscale, he went for the wounded player 2 Max. The brawl was epic. almost two rounds of wailing on each other. We both should've died much sooner, but they just kept going. After killing the last greenscale with wannok, the player 2 Max finally placed the killing blow ending the game.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Engagement - Even though he never used it, the threat factor for the greenscales was huge

Chain grab - One of my favorite abilities EVER. I used it every round without a failed roll and it was extremly useful. It gave flexibility and added a new dynamic of thinking.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Max is one of those heroes I would draft just because..... he's incredibly fun to play, hits hard, and has a LOT to contribute to aggressive builds. I'm excited to give him another run. MVP of my army.

H E R O S C A P E