View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: A3n's Map Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Anyone else notice a huge similarity to Hot Heights?
I just had a look at Hot Heights & I do agree there are similarities. In my defence though I haven't looked at that map before today (believe me or not, your choice), but I believe we (Jormi_Boced & myself) probably had similar thought patterns when designing our maps (Jormi_Boced has probably more advanced thought patterns by now as I noticed he did his about a year ago) - 1 RotV + 1 Expansion (Jormi_Boced used VW, I used RTTFF); symmetrical map; 2 opposing hills with a valley in the centre as the choke point. The catch with this was that making hills to a decent height & having the smaller tiles available to build the slope means the shape of the mountain is really going to be based on the 7 hex tile (especially when limiting the sets to be used). My other thought when building the map was the "Zelrig factor" as there seemed to be a lot of comments about this unit romping over the maps in this GenCon contest. So that's why my valley area is broken with levels which also resembles Hot Heights.

My intent was never to steal, copy, or rip anyones map, I just like the idea of mountain maps & that's what I wanted to offer for my entry into the contest.

Cheers